Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Re cap of: Sole Food NYC "Ladies Night" July 31


Every LAST THURSDAY of every month, Sole Food NYC, provides programs for and by the productive, ongoing, creative ladies from New York City, and Sole Food NYC does it well.
This past Thursday, Sole Food had me painting live, OUT SIDE, (because it was way crowed indoors, so I took the liberty to paint out doors as the night fell hard, and fast. Program started from 7pm until 10pm, and I got there around 7:30 is, my bad. I took my son with me so that he can see what I do and play and mingle with close friends of mine at this HOT trendy spot. Now, if your new to knowing Sole Food, its OK, this is a brief explanation of who they are and what they stand for:

"Solefood NYC LLC, is a restaurant themed, life style driven, custom sneaker boutique and also an art gallery. Specializing in street wear, custom sneakers and custom apparel, this boutique gallery offers a one on one consultation between our clients and our quality staff, which consists of sneaker customize, and clothing designer, and stylises"
http://www.solefoodnyc.com/index2.html
Contact: info@solefoodnyc.com

Now that you have an idea of who and what they do, this night at their place, I was able to paint Live with my son. I got there a bit late, and I was able to rock an painting out doors, while enjoying the company of Nina Norwood, an up incoming artist from Brooklyn, who so traveled far with her 5 month old son ( *I am dearly touched by her glorious presence at the show, moved me so much that she went out her way to see me and the show, SHE DEFIANTLY has a very strong spirit!) As also another dear friend Frankie Velez, also from Brooklyn made his guest appearance at the spot, how honored I am to have also seen him that night. He was so nice, and courteous, that he took some of these awesome shots, plus parlay a bit about life, art and everything in between. As the night approached, I offered Nina the opportunity to paint with me, since there were sufficient card board around, and she started to GET down on it on it next to me, SHE ROCKS! She painted, we all talked and pretty much the night ended with comfort and delight of growth in the discussion of making art in New York City. In my piece that I did today, I wanted to make a conversation of Life and Death, and how we are disassociated of the idea or it. Why I bring it up, well, the passing of many either famous and non famous people that I have know, made me think as to how we are as a person and how we are to one another in a society as well as how we value ourselves with the concept of passing over. The "planting of seed" which is what the children are doing and dropping it in the eyes of the skull, suggest, planting seed in the eyes of the Behondler. What you sow is what you reap. What you give is what your will end up getting in return, pretty much. As you know, a child is the most important key in making a better society in the future, and what better way is to pass on great values and opportunity while YOUR STILL LIVING, am I right?





No comments: