Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

contribution

I am at a point in my life where situations can go either way. Meaning, I Can choose to continue making art for the people, or work part time of 9-5 work hours as a security guard some where in NYC and not do art anymore.

I am currently not working, but I am a stay at home mom. I am at a point where I noticed that going to shows / art shows is expensive. Transportation, food money and art supplies with canvas leads me to have wholes in my pockets. Its not cheep. I cant split food money for my child to those of my art needs. My son will always come first. Because money in my house hold is limited, and I don't spend money on myself, I would rather utilize your contributions for my art.

I love painting, its what I came to terms with, after it saved me from dwelling on personal life crisis. Art saved me from deviating to the life waves of crime and hooked addictions of drugs or other negative activities in New York City. I believed that art was given to me from DIVINE source, and I don't know why I have it, but I sure do know I must share it. It is also why I am asking for your help. If you like to make a positive contribution to an inspiring artist, please donate what you wish.

If you have any opinion please share, I do want to create a friendship and also an understanding of art in life and how its linked, then feel free to contact me.

Thank you so much for you ongoing support and understanding
~Marthalicia Matarrita






No comments: