Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Monday, June 28, 2010

My dad is a LOVING recovery, turng 70 years old.... and Wesly Painting Live at CAMARADAS

I have know my dad to be a " STRONG CHARACTER", and what I remember and what I have gotten from him while growing was a lot of confusion. I mean it in the most humble way.

I know him to have a strong temper, an to have been a heavy alcoholic, and although he was in our lives, he was pretty much NOT THERE... physically.

His work was everything to him, (well the meaning of WORKING meant alot to him), which made it impossible for us all to relate to him. There were so many weird feelings growing up not seeing him, and more so for his actions as made us go through absurd loops in life, in getting us a proper home, and other hurtful denial things he wouldn't mention. I looked up to him now more so, because he has come to terms with himself, and is trying very hard to say " I am sorry" and through us is he living life again, the way pure love should be. So these two clips are a moment of joy for me, because he never really liked any one filming hm or asking hm any question regarding to him and his personal journey, and because he means the world to me, I dedicate this blog to you DAD! with all the ounce of my body, I thank you so much for trying now to be apart with us, your family! Thank you Papo




and towards the evening, my son and I crashed into a Live Art Performance that my brother Jorge was featured. I was there for support, and I wanted to take a back seat and enjoy my brothers SUNSHINE! , but my dear Nelson HOST Santiago, another close friend of mine requested that I paint something on his blue canvas... I did, and guess what Wesly joined in, and enjoyed every minute of it, as he danced his thoughts away on to that canvas...
here's a little clip of that night



No comments: