Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Message from my older Brother: TOMAS; aka B-Boy Atomic... ( The SHELTER BOUND )

Hi Everyone!!

I am now in a great shelter at Porter Ave. It is 89-111 Porter Ave.Brooklyn, NY 11237.
My case manager for the time being is Mike. I will be in a 1 month probationary program. So, for a month, I will be MIA.

I want to assure you all that I will be training heavily here: I've been pumping weights, Running, and eating three square meals. I'm taking typing courses, and will be training as a computer lab assistant--learning programs like Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excell.

The place is a wierd mix of ex-convicts and veterans. I am on the Veteran floor and everyone, including the Cons, are cool. Lol, noone messes with me because I got Marine friends here, and they respect marines, lol. I feel like I'm in prison at times. It makes me laugh. All in all, I am doing great. I am not happy that I have to go through this, as, at times, I view it as an interference from my training with Full Circle, but I assure you all I will remain training on my own, even opening a Breaking program to teach others her, so that I can have a space to practice and teach others here.



The program at Porter Ave. Shelter is 8 to 12 months long. After the 1st month though, I will be be able to be around more. Also, another great thing about this unique place is that after that 1st month I will get per week 2 overnight passes and 1 late night pass. Nice, right?!! I pray you are all well. Pray for me. I love you guys including my family and the whole FC crew!! E-mail me whenever ya'll get a chance. See you all soon!!

Peace and Blessings!!

Tomas aka Atomic!!!!!!!!!

No comments: