Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Re Cap: FRIDAY November 13, 2009. Brooklyn VS. The Bronx

I was born and raised in Harlem, and this event represented the artist that currently reside at their borough. I have moved from Brooklyn back to Manhattan and now landed into The Bronx. I was chosen to paint in collaboration with Andre Trenier our group represented The Bronx, while Ben Angotti and Leif M. represented Brooklyn. at the "M1-5".

I had so much fun! I laughed hard, I saw many great people from networks that I actually was able to see in person. Completely honored to have them all arrive and see this event. As plus for this event was B Boy 360 and his beloved son 5 year old son, Tyger! Tyger is my son dancer friend that has has many fun days in the parks. Seeing him again reminded me of my son... I saw him dance hard core on the dance floor right after the tap dancer was stomping rhythmically all over the place.

I ain't gonna leave anything out, I must say, Andre and I weren't prepare visually as we had hoped to, to prepare for this collaborative piece. We head butted together as to what to create for this night, from crazy color schemes to subject matter, the toss up of ideas flew in every which way directions. But we fell together in on thought... the thought of : JUST HAVING FUN.

Andre Started taking photographs of the audience at the spot and then painted them on the canvas, I did the same, but earlier on that event, Osiris and Floramancha, cool art kats came by this event to provide us visual reference to help our disorganized thoughts. ( we did try to meet during the passing of the weeks before the event started, but couldn't find an actual time to discuss any art thoughts), so our free style did some how save the day, for the result of the show, we were " tied "with the opponent team. Its alright, the fun part counted more then ever! Lexi Bella was on the scene as many other artist and art lover enthusiasts.. took pictures auto graphs, say and got diggity down on them dance floors! I on the other had, made sure I took the Q train to 14 street to then catch the 4 line up in the belly of the Boggy Down Bronx.

Below are but a few pictures of the night taken by Osiris cell phone, how grand! Gracia amigo





>