Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Late by never too late: RE CAP of BONDFIRE 1 YEAR anniversery concert series *HAPPY BIRTHDAY*


I have to admit this, I can not stress it to you, how the BONDFIRE concert series has been growing bigger as the months passes on. I was able to connect with many people new and the regulars that attend and witness this monthly show. This was a special night not just for me, but for a dear friend of mine named Conscious a.k.a. The Bronx Uber Villain , who's show was also to celebrate his birthday. If you know me, you do understand how much I stress the love for working together, and creating a community of talented folks, together. This collective unification of talent pours out to who ever see and listens and view the performance at the Bowery Poetry Club. This event that past on October was noted by many as one of the most important shows that demonstrated dedication of the words and the important of respecting each other while at the same time enjoying the fresh styles. Tons of people arrived ON TIME for this show, awaiting the previous poetry reading to arrive to a finish. Our excitement accelerated once Conscious arrived in the lobby, waiting section of this facility. At this particular moment the free styles started to organize as we all waited to our time to enter, event the performers for the stage already started to write as to who will perform first! How neat was that! From this crowd, I was able to catch a glimpse of Nia Andino and Chango Bi... who I was able to see from the massive crowd. As soon as saw them, the infamous ELIZABETH a.k.a. LIZ who takes the awesome photos of many cool events all over New York City, arrived with high heels... tee hee.

The lobby area couldn't contain more people as some even waited out side the main doors, as the rain started to pick up. Luckily it wasn't cold for those folks outside.

The time to gather at the BONFIRE arena, and every one got a comfortable standing view, no chairs were allowed, just the stance of the audience as most concerts are held this way. I also saw Ana Pichardo, another up in coming photographer doing her thang, as she introduced me to her close friends who traveled so far as to witness and perform under the cold Tuesday night at the Bowery. What a trooper! Homeboy Sandman and amongst many to list arrived promptly as the light dimmed.... BOOOooooooo for me, they cut off any light source to where I was standing. It wasn't my first time where I was placed in a situation where there was little to no light, ( I can count both my hands where this type of situation occurred). Conscious did his best to accommodate me on stage but I refused, I already got my traditional corner well secured and on the ready. I tell ya, if it wasn't for the many cameras and itouch that random people helped me illuminate my canvas, I wont tell ya how I could have recognize what I have created.

enough about my dilemma... the show ROCKED!!!! Eagle Nebula was on stage, and she did her thang! ooouuuwwww and YC the cynic and others did what they are very good at and the Harmony or words with sounds and the performance was unbelievable.

No comments: