Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Re Cap: My solo art show " LAYERED "

A day that I so anticipated, had my heart beating very fast, and all along was sadden by the travasty that has occured a couple of days past of the Haiti earth quake, and the many who has lost their lives. Mixed feelings swerled my head and heart, as I entered Fresthetics. I felt it was nessary for me to utilized my solo art show, to channel the audience/viewers their energy and attention to Liz Whitney, a PR from YELE Haiti who works under Wyclef, to help me gather donations for the Haiti people in need.

(All donations will be gathered and transported to a LISTED donation location in Brooklyn, with the help of the Fresthetic galleria crew, if it wasnt for them in the begin with, I wouldnt had this chance to help out or showcase my works! Thanks Mike, thanks Randy!)


Footage below was taken by TASTY KEISH of the Bondfire family.
http://ow.ly/X8N5

I didnt want to start my solo show in a serious mode, but I felt it was right to only give credit and also the proper attention of the critical situation that has been on my heart and mind over Haiti. As soon as I saw the massive crowd settling in, I directed the Dj to lower the volume and requested Liz Whitney to stand near me to begin a brief insight and tips to help out in our ways where we can.





All the donations that was aquired by those that so happend to donate at my solo art show, will be collected and placed in one of these following places for a drop off. Thanks to Star mc Rae, and Liz Withney for extending their insights in this crutial moment of dispare in Haiti.

165 Bedford Avenue & N 8th
Brooklyn, NY 11211

339 E 25th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11226

627 Remsen Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11236
[Friday @ 7pm untill Sunday at 7pm]

House of Art
373 Lewis Avenue
(Corner of Macon & Lewis Ave.)
Brooklyn, NY 11233
Contact: (347) 663-8195

2115 Nostrand Ave, 3rd Fl
(b/w Flatbush & Glenwood)
Brooklyn NYC
[Time: 12p - 8p
Dates: Fri 1/15, Sat 1/16, & Sun 1/17]

Off the Bat:
Fresthetics thank you

Margarita Matarrita: for all your help, encouragement and persistance to keep making the t shirt a dream a reality.

Yadira and Migueal Sanchez, my cousins: YOU guys have always belived in me, and has always, even when jet lagged and all, were you always showing up to all my art events!

Tomas M. Manon, and Jorge Matarrita; Both my dear brothers who I bounced off my art influences and creativity in, and without you guys, M-Squared Art has been established.

Massiel Pimentel: My battle buddy, who arrived on a saturday from her Iraq stay, has finished her contract, and traveled so far and yonder, to come see me... ( I have been teary eyed ever since)

And YOU:
To those that showed up and those that couldn't make out to my show; I am placing all my love in these words :
Thank you from my soul from my heart, thank you so much for viewing my art which so happen to be huge piece of me on canvas. Thank all those who also contributed for the YELE Haiti via cell phone texting and financial donations during this present moment. Thank you. Liz Whitney and partner in placing your time to help give outreach and information regarding YELE
Thank you Fresthetics and the gallery family for having my art in your space !
Thank you So much my beloved family who always encourage me, Thank you Massiel Pimentel who arrived from Iraq leaving her tour and came back safe and sound ! Words can not express my joy in total!! Love is Love !


Thank you all that took picutes of the show, especially No Body Beats The Liz: 2010, Krts (krts.com the sounds that he creats are so unique and amazing, I am a big fan of his!), Ivette Garcia,and Massiel Pimentel.





















No comments: