Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

RE CAP: Bondfire, January 26, 2010

January 26, 2010 Bondfire at the Bowery Poetry Club, was PACKED! I give so much credit to the Bondfire family for developing these open mics and concert series to Conscious and Tasty Keish for harnessing all the talents on stage and also allowing the visual arts a room to share the experience with them too.

Amongst many regulars that performed that awesome night, My Brothers keepers and Ray 6 & the Bubble girls. Amongst the Visual artist on the night, my brothers Tomas and Jorge, tag teamed with me on two canvas, then there was "Cern One", and next to him, was "Mistah Metro" and "HOST". We were so hooked by all their performers that night, that we so painted our asses off. As midnight hit, and Ray 6 finessed her Orgasmic performance, I then got myself dressed and ready to head out. I met up with Conscious and also said my good byes. I then saw a lady who was at the show earlier and asked me if the painting was for sale. I said " yeaaa". We exchanged info with painting and money. I looked at the money, and I returned back to Bowery and handed my earns from that painting sale to a young lady that was organizing this Benefit show.

There is so much reviews of this great event, in which you can read up on the artist of that night. One such reviews is: "Hip-Hop & Bullshit"their link:

http://hiphopandbullshit.blogspot.com/2010/01/monthly-bondfire-bowery-poetry-club.html

No comments: