Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

RE CAP: "Busted in Two Cities"

This show was a mega cool show! Amongst the many real developed artist, I was one of them. HONORED I was when Frankie Velez asked me almost a year ago to participate... I was like "YEA !..."

Unfortunate I have heard from him that one of his friends passed away. I was very sadden even when I never knew that guy, I did know that Frankie was a down to earth guy, who Loves art, and LOVES to work with other artist, and anyone so fortunate to know this guy, is some one mega special. In dedication of his passing, he was sole organizer of this event, and WOW, I am so proud of him, I am so proud of my Friend Frankie Velez!

The other good that came out of this positive motivated program was that my son has helped me developed this art work. He collect the dry paint, from all my paint tubes and gathered them for me. We layered the mannequin with a dark navy blue coat, to then add these dry paint gathering that my son picked up on to the piece.

*At the show in New York City, I was so excited, that I ran early to hang it up,(*long story). I was there and met up with many of my art friends. I wasnt able to stay long, but I left there feeling so glad to be apart of this mig art show! The Place was so packed when I left. Thank you Frankie !




(This last photo was taken by an amazing New york City military friend, Alex Bershaw)

No comments: