Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

KRTS


On a very late summer night, at a place in Brooklyn call Asterisk, I met Krts mingling amongst many half intoxicate fans of those that were performing musically that night. Alcohol and ill sounds filled this place, with a thick essences of excitement and pleasantry in this atmosphere. Dude, this place was also jammed packed, that I couldn't stand near my paintings that were displayed for this particular art and music show. This place was a hot spot. This night I met Broke MC and got to know CONSCIOUS, two other mc's hitting their grind head fast!

As the mist of tonic and Heine's danced in this air, while the MASH PIT of a crowd grew massive, I ended up moving from where I was, closer and closer to the main entrance, where I saw Mr. Krts smiling and bopping his head to the soul of hip hop echoing hard around us. "Hi, are you apart of any of this crazy ill music group performing tonight?" All I saw was a smile and a "NAW, BUT I AM A MUSICAL PERFORMER, I CREATE MUSIC" as he try to have a conversation with me without yelling. Dude, it was very difficult but we were able to network ok. But as a silence of the stage halted to a stop, and the loud conversations of others at this place still continued, I was able to get to know more about Krts and of his artistic sounds via his style. I was blessed to have a copy of his new album hes was going to release soon, and I was so trilled with joy to hear it as soon as possible.

Krts, such a spirit, such a magnetic soul, that once you start on talk to him, you kinda feel like you know him for such a long time. The comfort of chilling and talking and expressing ideas were so familiar and engaging that we connected at other events that held such a combination of music and the arts. He saw me paint live with my brothers at THE FIVE SPOT in Brooklyn, and he was able to connect me with the Antagonist Art Movement, in lower Manhattan, where I have shown many of my art pieces there. Within those month of painting live and getting some art showing gigs, I was able to truly listen to his music; his music blew me away. I was so influence by his style that I wanted to give him one of my custom t-shirts that I was creating to him. It was such an honor to later see him perform in many place with it.
Wow, such an honor! He did a few more other gigs with the same tee, ( I bet he washed it, no doubt, but at least he wore it!//Mental note, give him another! no diggity). His showing of his heart stopping performance of those combos in sounds, continue to rave NYC, Philly, and else where that his name has evolved and is respected within many prestigious, and sophisticated groups, and companies. Krts still rocks, and I still listen to his first album as if its apart of my signature. Wanna bet, check out my myspace for yourself, I don't lie. Drop by his page and get to know him, he is truly one of a kind. So glad to have met such cool soul in NYC.
~martha

If you want to know more about him, check out these links:

krtsmusic.com
myspace.com/krts

No comments: