Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Speak Easy: Harlem, Hosted by Kalae All Day ( February )

Speak Easy event was held in Harlem late one evening at a disclosed location. Only but a few people were invited to attend the art expression, open discussion, and reciting art dialogue with one another, with the intend to open the minds and learn from those in the art field, in our contemporary life/ life style. I was so cited to have been asked to share my art discipline with many that I already knew in the game, and many others that are new to me. ( networking was awesome ).


In the visual art team I had invited both my brothers Tomas M. Manon and my little brother Jorge, both whom I grew up with creating and developing our art expressions. In my team I also had my son Wesly, who refused to stay at home, and wanted so badly KNOW what is it that I do in some of the art nights, so I granted his curiosity wish. ( why not? my fam was with me...)

After the hour of meet and greet, and getting my art frenzy on a hallway wall, I was able to pause and listen to the introduction of the show and also many informative insights on each borough’s influence to the birth of Hip Hop.

Below you will see but a few flicks, taken by Elizabeth aka NO BODY BEATS THE LIZ on the evenings gathering. I hope you all enjoy it.


Started sketching out some ideas...at first


my son was so motivated to help me out, Gosh how I love him!


 

2 comments:

VH McKenzie said...

such a cool event! I would love to see shots of the finished works on all the walls. Your son's painting is quite beautiful....

(m)2 said...

VH Mc Kenzie, thank you! I had to leave the event early on, my son was soooo tired. But I will get the snap shot for you! thank you so much for placeing your time and energy in reading my visual art journey!