Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Friday, December 11, 2009

January 14th, 2010. "SOLO art show" at Fresthetics Brooklyn


Since my first exposure to painting with a brush during the first years of 1994, and currently developing my voice and style, (what ever that style is, cuz I still don't know), until present; I was given the opportunity to share those art works with you on January 14th 2010. Currently I have so much art work, that this particular showing is a mini of the "great ones" in which I have placed my heart and energy to convey a story or an idea on canvas; they are also random in the colors, size and theme, and thus this show is called "LAYERED".

This showing is still developing until the day of the showing. I am planning on selling some M-Squared Art T-shirts, and some prints at an affordable rate. The proceeds goes to the editing of an art project/ film that I am constructing called: "The Artist Process", as well I am hoping to have a stationed TV where I can show a trailer that was created by Tasty Keish, who documented the Documentary of the lives of the artists and unity of all forms on September 20th 2009, (held at 5 Pointz, Queens New York: 5 Pointz.com) . Swing by to witness the short clip and the many people that has influenced me along my colorful yet difficult path of art. You will hear more soon as the days passes, where an official flier and more details will be reviled for you all to know. I am excited and cant wait to show and share my work with you all. I want to also give a warm and grateful shout out to Mike from Fresthetics, who presented to me this opportunity.


For more information regarding the place, please feel free to scroll down and read the address and store hours.

http://fresthetic.mvmt.com/

Store Info
STORE HOURS:
1pm – 9pm Tuesday – Sunday
By appointment on Mondays

718.782.3884

Address:
560 Grand St.
Brooklyn NY 11211

L/G train to Lorimer/Metropolitan, walk four blocks south to Grand st.
J /m train to Hewes, walk four blocks northeast to Grand st.

No comments: