Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Review of my very first Birthday Art Bash 2009

Yes its true, very true. As long as I can remember, I never, or hardly went out clubbing, or do other activities such as those, until I reached the age of 27. Sure, my older brother helped me sneak in to wacky clubs, but that didn't satisfy my curiosity as to what clubbing was. Now 2009 I felt more confident in expressing how much I love art and shared it with many of art friends and people that mean a lot to me, all in one night, April 21, 2009.
One major conversation that I had with Lexi Bella, and myself that occurred this year was very much insightful. We both discovered that we have so much similarities. Similarities such as art and shared birthdays on the same month of April. It had occurs to both of us that we needed to do something special, something fun and memorable. Interestingly enough we both knew many artist that paint live in New York city and thought it would be even great to have them participate in our "Birthday Art Bash", where not only Lexi Bella and myself painting live, but also our art friends, that wanted to participate were scheduled to perform that same day.

What a dynamic night: The following are but a few images that shows some of the fun night that I had with my art friends. I do hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
~Marthalicia

Below are pictures of the night, and of the many art friends that participated as well. Some of these dynamic art friends, weren't able to paint,neither were they weren't available to be taken pictures, but I will write their names to the list for those that showed up. Many THANK YOU for your presence!
Sylvia Ortiz
Syn
Jai Cruz
Stef Eye
KEL
Meres One
Dj Mirandom
Lissette
See One
Eileen
Ben Angnotti
Andre
John Small
Dondi J.
The art battle team: Sean Bono,
Pesu
Yadira my cousin
Jen One
Hector
J.C.(the awsome dude who took these photos)

and the list goes on....





































Share

No comments: