Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sey One: Fundraiser RE CAP: Good cause GREAT NIGHT!

Oh meng, I had so much fun meeting my art buddies, and all the new faces there. Perhaps there will be coverage since I saw many many cameras and lights all around sprinkled here and there at the Bar. I donated a few of my favorit paintings, and I really asked Meres to paint live, since I am a bit incomfortable talking and mingling. tee hee. The agreement is I paint live and the art I create that night will be placed in auction. All proceeds to help his art buddy recover and get more treatment to help fight a medical conditions that is always affecting his body.

Here but just a few pictures of the night. My brothers and I worked on a dyptic canvas. * I took a camera and took a picture of my brother painting, and thats what I ended up creating, with his canvas looking like a black book, and my brothers were to create imagination out of it. I hope you like it..

( this canvas was donated by AR1 for his boy that passed away by the tag street name called " OUCH")








No comments: