Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My son going to school

My first parental experience didn't just start when I took him to school for the very first time, nor a week ago, not when he was 2 years old nor an infant, it started when I first found out that I was carrying a brand new soul inside of me, when I was pregnant. The strength and the courage to believe that "everything from now on will be alright", was just a phrase that I build as a safety net, for my new adventure for my role as a new mother. The idea of becoming a new mother was very frightening at first, since I didn't have a real role model of my own, but the idea to construct myself a new and while molding a new person to take healthy choices in life was and still is a delight. I am very very proud to express my joy as I walk with my son to school. I know its kinda cheesy, but I don't remember much my first experience, nor did my parents talked about my early encouragement of it either.

This is it, the first day of Wesly schooling.... how thrilling, how exciting, how... (you know what I mean)... Below are two short video of the day, his day my day...

No comments: