Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Friday, August 21, 2009

I Painted at Voodoo Lounge, and traveled to see B-day Josie at Deity


Hot and humid.... "sweating balls" as my brothers would say as I stood on the corner waiting for my art friend Lexi Bella on 1st ave on 1st street. Yeah I was lost, I thought I knew where was voodoo lounge was. Apparently even the name of the place changed, to Luck Chang I believe. Either way, I was lead to Voodoo Lounge, and there she was and also another cool ass person, Natalie Crue, who I met via the infamous Facebook.

The night was way cool... its been a while were I was able to really listen to Underground hip hop. It was so so SO motivating... Got me really into my art. Now mind you, I created that painting at the most interesting lighting source, dim and red. The Red light bulb and its low luminance power was the lighting setting for this really cool urban atmosphere, kinda jazzy romantic to say the least. The Brown Paper Bag All Starts were on stage after a long time of tuning the equipments and sounds. Professional were these guys.

Towards the end of the night a fella by the name of Maxx wanted to buy my painting, and so you have it, a happy young man !

No comments: