Marthalicia Matarrita bio

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Biography Marthalicia Matarrita Born and raised in Harlem, New York City. Marthalicia has many art disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, painting and creating large murals and is always expanding in new mediums. Current area of art dialogue is based on educating the harmony between animals and humans, in many unique presentations. Marthalicia early stages: Sharng "black books" graffitti art journals as well as comic books were her past time. Encouraged by faith to persue the art form, Marthalicia entered La Guardia High School of Performance and the Arts, and upon graduating high school, she enlisted in the Army National Guard. She enrolled in S.U.N.Y. New Paltz for B.F.A. in Fine Arts. Her art resume further in her new art journey "Live Art Performance" Today, Marthalicia has broaden her art experiences to many difference avenues in art venues, and oppourtunites where she builds with her community and others.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Regressive Evolution: Evolution Regresiva

On Saturday September 13, 2008, I had my second showing of my paintings in a collective visual presentation at the Red Room, in Washington Heights. My older sister Margarita and her friend Will Teez help me establish this showing with their friend and family at my opening that day. Why am I bringing this up, I will break it down: My art show lasted for a month, and upon this particular month, Inti, a Colombian gentlemen asked my sister as to who created those art works on the Red Room walls, (as she was currently working at that spot). My sister replied proudly "my sister did all of those, how may I help you?" "Wow" was his reply.

They talked for a bit and one month later I was in contact with him. We spoke on and off, and also had a brief meeting that eventually ended having my art, and my definition of art at his very cool, unique booklet / pamphlet. If you want a copy or want to know more as how to either contribute or be shown here, please contact Inti: RegressiveEvolution@gmail.com

"The following is a description of what they stand for:
Regressive Evolution is a "Creative Marketing- Multimedia Project" unifying art with enterprises on one platform. Our "marketing Proposition" consists on the conjugation of our independent multimedia tools, using print, web, radio, video and event planning to create an alternative marketing raiding. Our Campaign begins with a magazine, which would be guided by a monthly given concept. Once the magazine is printed and distributed, the content will be configured using audio, editorial content, fashion, film, graphic design and culinary arts combined with other forms of expressions to create a "multi-expressive event. "The Magazine and the event will coincide with advertising of our affiliated companies
....." There is more to read and discover. Below is a little snip bit of my personal art definition and a painting I created at a live art show News Years eve, at Blaggards in NYC.

No comments: